Boards > Road Service Area Task Force 2022
What is the Road Service Area Task Force 2022?
A group of citizens appointed by the Mayor to consider the following issues:
- the adoption and implementation of an alternate contract structure in Big Lake Road Service Area No. 21, to include, but not limited to, a time and material structure;
- the scalability or applicability of such a method to other road services areas;
- brush cutting on an areawide contract as opposed to including the service in separate road service area contracts; and
- processes to address substandard roads Boroughwide.
Additional issues for consideration:
- how to address the issue of currently maintained roads in RSA 21 which become impassible or have major deficiencies preventing safe public access, to include whether modifications of the existing maintenance specifications are warranted or options for advancing capital improvements;
- other issues which may be pertinent to consideration of the items 1-4 listed above.
How long will the Road Service Area Task Force 2022 last?
May 2022 to December 2022. A written and oral report of findings and recommendations is due to the Borough Assembly no later than December 20, 2022. The task force expires December 21, 2022.
Please check the Public Meetings schedule for specific meeting information.