The Mat-Su Borough Information Technology Department will be recognized as a high performance team that is collaborative, efficient, affordable, responsive, sustainable, process driven, trusted, industry leading, and innovative in our support of the Mat-Su community.
The Mat-Su Borough Information Technology Department provides up-to-date, secure, reliable, responsive, and affordable IT solutions to all Borough Departments as we support the Matanuska-Susitna Community.
The Information Technology Department, in collaboration with Borough departments and divisions, supports the business functions of the Borough by:
- Providing computer access, telephone and internet services, and technical training to employees.
- Investing in information technology infrastructure and software.
- Ensuring critical systems are functional in the event of a catastrophic event.
- This is done through careful planning to enable the Borough to achieve its goals in an innovative, efficient, and cost-saving manner. By doing so department and division employees better serve the citizens of the Borough, providing citizens with a return on investment in the form of efficient services.
- The Information Technology Department is comprised of four functional groups: Business Integration, Geographic Information Services, Service Desk and Technology Infrastructure.
Phone: (907) 861-8570
Many, if not all, services provided by the Borough can be tied to a location in our community. For example, elections, planning, assessments, road maintenance, emergency response, economic development and public works all depend on the "where" of things in order to be meaningful. The GIS Division harnesses "the power of where" by making available the most timely and accurate mapping information to Borough departments and the public in order to bring only the highest quality of service to the Mat-Su Valley.
Click on Property & Maps in the upper navigation bar to discover GIS maps, apps, and data.
Phone: (907) 861-7858
The Service Desk provides technical support and assistance for all telephone, network, and computer related hardware and software issues for all Borough employees, Assembly members, and public citizens. They also provide life-cycle management support for all Borough desktop computers and software including reporting, quoting, imaging and placements.
Phone: (907) 861-8553