The Platting Board acts on applications for preliminary plats, variances, public use easements, plat note amendments and vacations of public interest. The Platting Board also acts on appeals of the Platting Officer's decisions. MSB 43.15.005(A).
The Platting Officer acts upon applications for abbreviated plats, waivers, and 40 acre exemptions and right-of-way acquisition plats. MSB 43.15.005(B)
Meetings Dates, the Platting Packet, Agendas, and Minutes are listed under Agendas & Minutes.
Please check the current Platting Board Meeting schedule.
TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PLATTING BOARD HEARING
IN PERSON: Starting May 1, 2021 it is optional to wear a mask to the Mat-Su Borough Hearings.
If you have questions regarding any case to be heard, please call the Platting Office at 861-7874 for staff to answer your questions.
TELEPHONIC TESTIMONY for PLATTING BOARD HEARINGS : To call into the meeting for public testimony, please adhear to the following guidlines. **Attention: For those using the telephonic system, please be advised that we have had technical difficulties. The preference for public participation is in-person or submission of written comments. Once public comments are closed, all public participation is also closed. To ensure your concerns are heard, it is best to present them in-person.
- Dial 1-855-225-1887; with Conference ID 8573 then the # sign; You will hear "Joining conference" when you are admitted to the meeting.
You will be automatically muted and able to listen to the meeting.
- When the Chair announces audience participation or a public hearing you would like to speak to, press *3; you will hear “Your hand has been raised.”
- When it is your turn to testify you will hear "Your line has been unmuted."
- State your name for the record, spell your last name and your mailing address, and provide your testimony.
- This is not a question and answer session. This is only for stating your concerns and comments.
Please check the Public Meetings schedule for specific meeting information.
Platting Board Members
Wilfred Fernandez, Vice Chair
LaMarr Anderson, Chair
Dennis Vau Dell
Amanda Salmon (Alt)
Barbara Doty, (Alt)